Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Speaking as an ex Dovorian of 50+ years, pub wise the town has deteriorated somewhat Since i started to have the odd pint or three in the mid '60s onwards. I recall with affection the Prince Louis, Golden Lion, Metropolitan Bars, Roman Quay, Crypt, Shakespeare Bars and of course the beloved Brittania (old Ted Perry must have turned in his grave seeing this fine business completely messed up!

On my frequent visits to the town the only establishment I frequent is 'Blakes', decent selection of beers and food in a convivial atmosphere. I believe I am correct in thinking that Mr Garstin was the former landlord and whilst it is good now - it was better under his management, I wish him well and look forward to visiting the new micro pub in Bench Street.

Obviously, Dover is not unique in this matter it's a national problem - if we don't use them we loose them!

end link