Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have been sending round some emails about up and coming events in Dover and as I'm sure there are some people on here who's email adresses I don't have (if you'd like to be added to my email address groups (the emails are sent out blind so you can't receive any scam or spam emails from them), please email me - lindenrog@aol.com) I'll post them on here.

I won't be able to put up any of the posters, so it's just the text of the emails. There are four topics; it's worth reading them all

"Good Afternoon

To brighten up these cold, dark winter days, I bring you news that once again The White Cliffs Festival of Winter Ales is coming to Dover Town Hall on Friday and Saturday, 6th. and 7th. of February.

75 different ales on sale, so there must be one (or two) for you; music too and of course, an excellent venue.

I have attached a poster to this email giving details of the Festival, it has been checked for viruses so is safe to download.

Come along - you know you want to.

When you buy your tickets - in advance or on the day, please do let them know you heard about it from me.

Kind Regards and have a good week.

Roger"

Another was:

"Good Morning

You may have read my previous emails about Neighbourhood Forums and their value to local communities, well the next one is to be organised by and for, young people. I have attached this first poster (it has been checked for viruses so is safe to download) - trying to try to find out what young people would like to talk about and where and give them the opportunity to register their interest in being involved.

They are also consulting with local schools about "What's on your mind". A second poster will go out shortly (plus invitations and agenda) when we know the venue and topics to be discussed.

The Dover Town Council offices have been provisionally booked but the venue is to be chosen by young people and may be another community building or school. They will also decide the time of the meeting.

An on-line survey has also been set up for young people in the Dover Town area to complete and let us know they are interested in being involved. Please see our Dover Town Neighbourhood Forum Webpages: http://www.doverdc.co.uk/community/neighbourhood_forums.aspx. There is already a link from the Dover Town Council website to this page.

Please could you advise your children and grandchildren and if appropriate, put the details of this meeting in any newsletters and websites and forward the poster to your town contacts and local groups.

Let's give the young people some value and respect and not keep blaming them all for today's ills.

Please help to make this a success

Kind Regards

Roger"

Then there was:

"Good Afternoon

Hope this isn't too many email advices on up and coming events, but I would like to let you know about DODS' (Dover Operatic and Dramatic Society's) next performance - it's "Sinbad the Sailor" and it's on at Dover Town Hall from January 13th. to 17th.

You can now take the kids for FREE - one free child with each paying adult.

I have attached a poster to this email; it has been checked for viruses, so is safe to download.

Take the children or grandchildren and have a great time, or just go on your own for some superb entertainment - enjoyment guaranteed.

When you book, please let them know you heard about it from me.

Kind Regards.

Roger"

And finally:

"Good Morning

Two of the best anecdotes for these winter blues - music and fun, are just a few of days away.

The first one is a music evening at La Salle Verte in Cannon Street, Dover.

Martin Jonathon is playing his accoustic guitar and singing all sorts of your favourite songs - Martin will be there on Sat 24th January at 19.45 till 23.00 hrs.
    As usual, ticket-only is £9.00, or £17.50 with a meal and wine etc.

Later on also in February at La Salle Verte , there are the Hot Rats - on Friday 27th February. For those of you who are unfamiliar with them, they are an Irish Celtic Band - guaranteed to get your feet tapping.

There will be an ABBA Tribute Band on March 28th. More news later on these last two - I'll send a poster then too.
    Please call Haydn or Diane at La Salle Verte on 01304 201547 to book your tables, or visit their web-site www.lasalleverte.co.uk

People of all ages love Elvis, his songs and Elvis tribute singers; this Friday, January 9th, Liberty's Diner in Snargate Street, Dover has an Elvis Party night - a three course meal - choose any dish from the menu and a glass of house wine; great fun and a great way to forget about the cold.

Give Tracey a call on 01304 241486 or mobile 07862 286898 to book your table - bring your friends and have an excellent evening.

I have attached a poster to this email about all the up and coming music events at Liberties Diner; it has been checked for viruses, so is safe to download.

Both venues will get you out of the winter blues, if only for that night, but it'll be worth it.

Kind Regards

Roger"

Worth finding out about weren't they ??

Roger

end link