Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I don't fully understand the mechanics of equation either Colin but I admire any guy brave enough to submit any such equation into the world of serious science. I mean, what a maverick thing to do! And even though a lot of it is guessed, it is intelligently guessed and probably illustrates at least some potential of the quantity of civilizations out there. Let's face it, the exact number could be several billion out either way but that isn't the important thing. The important thing is that it may, one day, serve as the foundation for the proof that ANY intelligent life exists beyond Earth. I see the Drake equation as a modern masterpiece of scientific daring; it's so mad and so bold that it deserves applause regardless of its usefulness.

Mind you, we also have:

Hl x π / Ω = C

This is the "God equation" which is supposed to prove once and for all through science and logical reasoning that Earth was intelligently created by a super-being. Hmmmm. And there was me thinking the God question was a question of faith, not science. But hey what do I know?

end link