Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Paul Watkins wrote:
    Howard, what was being discussed was not a Unitary as the topic heading describes. Good old Reg & I believed that an East Kent Unitary was the best solution for the area & meant the demise of KCC & DDC. Both he & I had been KCC members saw & experienced the way this area really did not fit into the KCC agenda. Keith will no doubt agree. Nigel C in his tenure also saw the same picture. Some who get elected go native & enjoy the gentlemens club atmosphere. They become detached from the public who rarely know who they are or use them. I could go on but local government needs reform. KCC is too detached & distant & DDC too small to be properly resourced.

The wider Unitary is the solution & maps our local economies of East Kent.

In the meantime we have KCC elections & need to see who will represent us in an effective way whilst it still exists.

The alternative from KCC supremo Paul Carter is abolish all District/Borough Councils [12] in Kent & let KCC rule all directly from Maidstone. That is the model he is currently touting around Westminster.

Some people on here may be unaware this post is from the leader of DDC.

Captain Haddock aka Bob Frost might confirm if its a parody

end link