Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ridden the NorthWest 200 wow! well that is dangerous and Im not even talking about motorbikes !lol

Unfortunately the bad weather affecting the western side of the UK put paid to any races taking place at the TT. All were postponed so the festival got off to a bit of a damp squib.

Talking about having an event round the streets of Dover. Would be great but as ever round here we are hampered by the lack of money and enterpreneurship.

Reminds of several years ago when Birmingham put on fantastic Formula Two World Championship races for quite a few years. it was truly great to see them all powering around the streets. Not far from the station, 5 minutes, so everyone could reach it easily. Oh dear! for the moment I cannot remeber the name of the main station there. I went to them all in my previous life capacity and it was a bumper occasion. The hotels were packed, the shops were packed, the restaurants were packed..great while it lasted. They tried to create a type of Monte Carlo..not quite the glamour in Birmingham but nevertheless.

end link