Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

"More traffic on the roads invariably means more TAP for the long suffering residents of Aycliffe. People living in Aycliffe struggle to get a good night’s sleep when the TAP is on. Lorries rev their engines and honk their horns, all night long. I have been pressing ministers to take action to scrap the TAP system and move it back to the Courtwood junction. The Port and our local councils have been supportive of my persistent work on this.

"National Highways have this week announced a very small step, namely the trial of a ‘quiet zone’ for the TAP next to Aycliffe. There will be a little sign asking lorry drivers not to honk their horns. It won’t stop them revving their engines – and probably won’t stop them honking their horns either.

"We need to get to a position where we ‘Scrap Tap’ entirely. As everyone knows, the TAP system was introduced as a “temporary” measure back in 2015/16. The quiet zone proposal is not good enough and I will continue to press for TAP to be scrapped by moving it back to Courtwood."

https://natalieelphicke.com/2023/07/18/preparations-for-the-big-summer-get-away/

end link