Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Button wrote:
    I don't disagree (nor really with Ray at #751) and it's fair to say that HMG declined to fund the outbound controls plaza that will now go ahead thanks to the Levelling Up monies. On the other hand, I'd be amazed if PoD hadn't timed coach dwelltimes at PAF controls since passport stamping came in, and so the question is: was it wise to let a holiday peak quart try to get into the current pint bottleneck? To put it another way (given that the volume of coaches this time is said to have exceeded port expectations), should there be a ceiling on bookings to tailor demand to supply?

I'm told that P&O in particular were guilty of excessive over-booking in order to compensate for higher than expected no-shows. Management error.

#757 The passport office is unable to provide a decent service at the moment. Between them and the great general public, don't expect this to happen anytime soon!

end link