Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

AndyPol wrote:
    After my appalling journey to France back in July, I was terrified of the return.

Pulled up Sunday evening with no queue in Coquelles at check-in, drove through to the PAF (about 30 seconds to stamp passports) straight onto Border Force where it took a bit longer because my wife dropped my passport in the car and we had to search for it then straight down onto a shuttle!

From check-in in France to driving off in Folkestone took about 1hr 30mins, staffing at all points was superb

You got lucky. Trust me. If you had turned up last night it would have been a different matter for example.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62655148

See what I mean about poorly maintained? And the "poor communication"? Can't blame Immigration Controls for this one like they often do when they muck up. Plus five hours is not an acceptable time to be stuck in any tunnel.

These sorts of "technical difficulties" happen way too often.

Couldn't run a train set imo.

end link