Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Eurotunnel (Getlink) is a signatory to the letter, hence no doubt its plea no.4:

- improve access and capacity for rail freight and high-speed passenger trains.

Fair enough, all very green (if one ignores the UK's somewhat patchy loading gauge provision), but then we have plea no.2:

- develop additional border facilities supported by a network of lorry parks throughout the country.

To which of course (unless you're Natalie) the response is - wrong place commercially and my backyard is sacrosanct anyway.

Naturally plea no.1 is the traditional dual the A2 route (don't mention the Eastcliffe Viaduct), but perhaps the most interesting is plea no.3:

- create “smart” travel corridors and efficient borders through new technology.

Check-in and/or people checks away from the physical border is how I read that and worth mulling over I reckon.

end link