Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Karlos wrote:
    Nightmare this morning. The main roads in the town are blocked. Took 45 minutes to get to A256 towards Sandwich. Then by Tilmanstone the weather had pretty much cleared.

Tell me about it.

It would appear that between them, Dover Harbour Board & Police, Kent Police and Kent Highways are utterly incompetent when it comes to traffic management.

It took me three hours to get from the Eurotunnel site to the Folkestone end of Alkham Valley this morning, and I'm amazed that the HGVs/Small lorries hadn't clogged that up as well as there was nothing to really stop that also becoming a thing. Was seriously thinking I could be stuck there all day.

"I know. Rather than implement Operation Stack/Brock/whatever we're calling it these days, like it used to work, lets just close The Roundhill Tunnel instead, thereby clogging up every other route into Dover as well as the A20, along with the whole of that end of Folkestone as well".

It beggars belief.

They can't lay this one on The French. Or the weather. Totally predictable and avoidable and should never have been allowed to progress to the snarled up gridlock that it became.

Someone definitely cocked up here but you can bet that no one will cough up to that fact.

After the hardest twelve hour night shift I've had since covid started, in some of the worst weather I've ever worked in. Plus I get one weekend off a month and that's all of my carefully made plans gone awry and not for the first time either because of these nincompoops. My whole routine is thrown.

To say I'm peed off would be an understatement.

And it's bound to happen again.

end link