Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Arthur wrote:
    Well done to Cllrs. Mills and Brivio who applied common sense and reasoned arguments to their contributions to the debate. Guston PC has been ‘ engaging’ with the DfT but still waiting for answers to lots of questions that remain unanswered and therefore it’s impossible to have an informed response. Guston PC has submitted an application to the National Planning Casework Unit requesting screening for an Environmental Impact Assessment- if approved the SDO cannot be signed off until this has been undertaken.

They applied common sense and reasoned arguments, but unfortunately, that approach doesn't get you anywhere these days.

They were right though, how DDC could bend like that was beyond me, especially when there are no answers to the majority of the questions. I know it is engagement rather than consultation, but DDC could have been stronger if the "yes" crowd were prepared to go against their political party, but then I assume as the leader of DDC mentioned he's been a councillor 25 years, that's why!

I agree that continuing engagement is needed, but it doesn't mean the council have to agree with the development. Some agreed that it's in the wrong place, but then supported the response!

I really hope that Guston PC get somewhere and I'll continue to support both them and the residents who will be so badly affected.

The approved proposal reminded me of appeasement and "peace in our time", and look where that got us.......

end link