Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Gary39 wrote:
    As far as I am aware they are the lead body as to where Dover TAP starts. But DHB are the lead when it is to be implemented.

Basically the A20 is an overflow for DHB who as we know are not worried about the local community.

I have even had to correct the BBC when they say Operation Stack for Dover TAP.. I have also pointed out to them that Dover TAP is used up to 100 times a year where operation Stack is hardly used. I pointed out they interview others from places like Maidstone but never the ones who Dover TAP effects the most.

But the 'when' is not the issue here, unless I am misunderstanding things. You have no expectation to influence the timing or frequency but only the question of at what point on the A20 the queue is set to start from. True?

If so, who is the guiding hand for that decision? Is it Kent Highways or DHB police? Are there legitimate (or otherwise) reasons for beginning TAP where they currently do in terms of accommmodating greater numbers of trucks?

Apologies for banging on. I just can't understand why the problem seems to be so intractable and no-one is prepared to explain the reasons for the currently unacceptable situation.

end link