Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Reginald Barrington wrote:
    Sure must suck to be on the losing side of a vote. It's happened for good or for bad just accept it and look to the future, you'll be a much happier person if you did.

Whether something ' sure must suck' or not, Reggie, is something I can't really comment on, not having a comparable experience to relate it to. Is there an American influence there rising to the surface?

As to winning or losing, I find your comment equally gormless I'm afraid. The issue has always been what is best for our country. I have always contended that it benefits us all to remain where our geography dictates we will be - part of a harmonious union of like minded liberal democracies whose economic and geo-political interdependencies are obvious to the rest of the outside world, if not the idealogues and advocates of a deregulatory dystopia in the UK. After four and a half years of political upheaval and billions of pounds unnecessarily squandered, we now face that reality. I've seen nothing in our new deal (actually only a worse version of Theresa May's) that convinces me otherwise.

Back to the subject of this thread, I also believe that Dover will have to bear the brunt of the added burden of traffic flows as a result of the vast swathes of time-consuming compliance declarations (see the post from our robotics manufacturer above). If you think this isn't going to be the case, then I'd be delighted to read your well-reasoned arguments why.

I'm not holding my breath though.

end link