Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Woke up at 6am, walked down to Morrisons and got a few bits the wife had forgotten to buy.

Passed an ASDA lorry trying to deliver locally amongst a line of foreign lorries, none of them moving. Came back home and passed the same lorry still not moved by 6.30. Then I went for a walk up the Roman Road, then along past Burgoyne Heights to the cliffs.

Port looks like they are loading vehicles, but it's very slow.

A2 was clear at Guston bridge, Jubilee Way was clear!

When I returned home at 9.30am the same ASDA lorry was parked in exactly the same place on Barton Road!

It seems that this side of Dover has been abandoned. As I walked up my hill, just outside my house was a Blood Van desperately trying to get through somehow. Me and another resident advised him how best to try and get out of the mess, and off he went.

Made my second call to the police on 101 and they have a live incident on their system just for the A256 so he thanked me for reporting the above and said that they are getting many calls now about this.

If you need to leave the town, London Road is clear and that side of Dover is ok, but don't expect to get back in!

Happy Christmas Dover

end link