Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

AndyPol wrote:
    I stupidly got up at 6.30am today and drove to work in Folkestone, with very little traffic.

I then left work at 6pm this evening and the roads were clear until the bottom of Whitfield Hill as you head into Dover.

I did a quick u-turn, headed through River and down Bunkers Hill and then BANG.. trying to go along Buckland Avenue was a mistake!

Drove out of Dover and back into River, dumped the car, grabbed my things and walked back along the footpath past St Andrews and then along Buckland Avenue and there were cars and lorries, not one of them UK registered.

A few bemused residents I spoke to as I walked along were not impressed and I saw an ambulance on blue lights trying desperately to get across Cherry Tree traffic lights and up Minerva with the paramedics jumping out and shouting at drivers to get out of the way.

I then had to make another trip walking back to River and took a risk to try again in the car. By some miracle, I made it to Coombe valley, and managed to drive the wrong way down the road and through a gap in stationary traffic at Cherry Tree, making it home in the car.

I known the Police have been busy, but it appears that Dover has been sacrificed yet again. My colleagues who live in Deal made it home with ease, but if you live in Dover, it appears you are on your own!

I called 101 and spoke to a friendly Kent Police operator, but she said there was nothing the Police could do. However, she was very pleased to get my call because she said the more calls they got from residents, the higher priority it would become.

Luckily, I live up a hill that once I actually for home is far enough away from the main road, but those poor Barton Road / Buckland Ave / Maison Dieu residents are in for a night of chaos and I dread to think what will happen when these drivers need a toilet.....

Thankfully, my next day at work is Tuesday and I hope that by then this is solved.

Christmas 2020 will be one to remember for all the wrong reasons.

Guess I'm screwed then (Barton Road(ish) resident). Dreading getting home tonight.

end link