Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Terry you and I are as one...

I was going to post this very thing, its from Rhys's column in the Dover Express this week and I was fascinated by it because we have only just been talking on another thread about the attractiveness of the seafront as it is now. Clearly it wasnt the same then as it is now, as Hitlers bombs obviously played a part in its re-structuring.

I wonder if our oul friend 'Scotchie' has an image of the seafront at his disposal from the time?? are you out there Paul?

We still of course have the same problems attracting people to linger here as they did in 1902...its interesting though from my point of view, what attracted me to spend time here before I lived here, was that there was no one here!! It wasnt packed like Brighton and coming then from London it was a welcome relief from the rat race. Brighton it seemed to me at the time, was part of the rat race. Dover offered an alternative, a break.

end link