Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Captain Haddock wrote:
    Boots next?

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent-business/county-news/boots-stores-facing-closure-threat-205487/

I really can't think of any reason to go into Boots. All of their 'goods' I buy on-line and I get my prescription sorted in the supermarket while I'm doing the rest of the shopping.

Boots is now owned by American giant Walgreens. You can find a Walgreens on every street corner in the states despite it being the home to 'super' markets like Walmart and the home to online giants like Amazon.

I find it hard to believe we can keep assuming these closures are all about t'internet. I know someone who works in our local Boots and they tell me the biggest problem is theft. They are no longer able to approach shoplifters 'because of elf and safety' and by the time a plastic bobby (PCSO) has arrived on the scene the goods are long gone.

end link