Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Capt. re#888

As a resident on Dover seafront I would be most interested in hearing what you learned from DDC yesterday with regard to "connectivity" between our great seafront and the rest of Dover.

Personally I think the present situation is as bad as it has ever been and dangerously so. No wonder people are disinclined at the outset to take a shoddy and often waterlogged underpass or risk the crossing at Woolcomber Street.

Have you tried to get from seafront Hotels or residences to the Eastern Dock? OK if you walk. By car a virtual nightmare.

Getting into town from the seafront requires pulling out into fast moving traffic and across to the outside lane often with view obscured by large hgvs.

Perhaps you could enlighten us all about this "improved" connectivity and what exactly is meant by "long term plans".

We need this ridiculous and potentially dangerous situation remedied to enable safe crossing of what is now just a DHB expressway to and from the port without any regard for residents or confused visitors (yes I've met them on the seafront politely enquiring as to how to get to the ferries).

end link