Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keef,

I have made a point of always telling people what I think rather than what they would like to hear, and in spite of numerous complaints to the standards board (only one so far for 2017!) and the local rags the vote goes up each time.

FWIW I spent over an hour yesterday with DDC officers looking at long term plans for Dover which are based around connectivity between seafront, town centre, tourist attractions and transport.

At present, even if you offered me a rent and rates free shop in the centre of Dover, I cannot honestly think of what I would sell if I wished to make a living over the year without my 'wage' being topped up by income support.

Dover has MUCH more potential than most seaside towns in the south east, but a successful future will not be based upon a retail model which has proved it does not work in the past.

end link