Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Just a thought.

Thank God there was not all this well meaning interventionism in the past otherwise our high streets would be full of farriers and candle-stick makers wasting their time trying to sell stuff that no-one wants at a price they can't afford propped up with public money.

The idea of a thriving High Street in [U]every[/U] town is dead. Many of the workers would be better off unemployed or doing some minimum wage job that apparently we NEED loadsa immigrants to do.

Many people don't add enough 'value' to be worth paying even the minimum wage.

Amazon works and gets me lots of stuff so cheap I can hardly believe it (and I don't care that they don't pay their taxes because if they did they would have to put the price of my goods up and I'd end up paying their taxes).

Adam Smith was right. It's all down to the Invisible Hand. If you are too thick or lazy to get a skilled job which pays you well - tough. Get used to it.

Must go. The Ocado delivery is at the door.

end link