Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Dickens Corner.........................................................

Not doing that well, and was planning to retire and was selling. The purchase was done quickly so as to avoid it being on the open market (and a lot more expensive) so that a deal could be struck to keep it open until a new proprietor can be found. For business reasons this cannot be made public.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote. Ross Miller #813
    Yes you are correct Love Dover Regeneration Ltd (LDR) did buy Dickens Corner - I understand all costs to date including the purchase price were covered by that entity from the endowment received from DTC.
    I too share your concerns over the acquisition of this building and especially the apparent undue haste of the purchase, but

have been told in confidence the reasons. NOTE

I hope that any subsequent purchases more closely match the original stated remit of the organisation

----------------------------------------------------------------

The statement above is possibly what you were told "in confidence".

I would suspect there are many businesses in Dover that would like to be saved. Especially, with guaranteed public money.

However, the remit was not to save businesses. But to create new ones, affordable to give ordinary people a chance to survive and start with a chance.

What is this game the Dover Town Council has started?

end link