Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well done John.

I tried to do this with the Priory Forum a couple of years; it was going to be called "Pride in Priory".

I had talked to the Police and other agencies and every one of them thought it was a great idea and very necessary.

I had written a paper on how I saw it progressing and the things that needed attention (as your's does), but it was turned down flat by the other committee members - I think there may have been one who thought it was worthwhile, but no others.

It is a great idea - to bring the communities together, but there needs to be common concensus at "base-level" - to want to improve their lives and surroundings.

Many people in the Priory part of the Maxton, Elmsvale and Priory Ward are transient, but that shouldn't make too much difference (although I do accept that those transient people will be less bothered about their envirionment and community); it's the quality of life that matters - isn't it ?

Roger

end link