Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well thanks guys !

Some of those events did of course take place, but the interpretation of the consequences are determined which side of the political fence you are on.

As I stated, I don't have the figures to throw about, but I have looked on many web-sites since that posting and read many arguments for and against her and I could list 20, 30 or 100 reasons why Maggie was good for Britain, as Marek has for why she was bad.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I was born in a Council house (in St.Albans), the fifth of six children. My Dad was a postman (previously a coal-miner in Lancashire - Wigan) and my Mum had to take in washing to help pay the bills; I don't come from a privileged background, I'm as working class as they come.

I didn't go to a grammar school (I wasn't allowed to take the 11-plus because, I was told, my Dad was just a postman and there were six kids); I went to a Secondary Modern - the precursor to Comprehensives.

I don't like laziness; I don't like people who don't want to work; I believe a good education is the key to freedom (to live the life you deserve). I believe there are those who are born to lead and those who are born to follow, but I also believe we should give them the opportunity to become Leaders.

I also believe there are vulnerable people in society who need help, who are not able to live a full life on there own. We must always care for the weak and inadequate, but we must also encourage those who want to get on; encourage them to live a life less ordinary - there is too much ordinariness in too many people's lives.

Whether you support Maggie Thatcher or not determines where you are in life; I am comfortable where I am (not financially I'd like to add).

Roger

end link