Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am clear that I have a keen dislike of Mrs T for lots of very real reasons - but I was forced to step back a pace recently and rein myself in when listening to an incredibly articulate black musician talking about how she galvanised his generation into thinking "maybe i can do it" - he described a generation of people who did poorly at school, had disadvantaged backgrounds, poor parenting, low expectations, but buckets of talent, who gathered thmeselves up and just ran full tilt at success. He remembered being boosted by her attitude of "get on your bike" (to use Tebbits phrase) and says they did just that and decided that success came in lots of ways, and went for it. Respect! There is always a back story, and success as well as failure in any tale. I still hate Thatcher, for very good reasons, but there were some pockets of endeavour where she shone.

end link