Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It may well not be what you or I regard as 'politics' Barry but it is just as political as the advertisments it is satarising, if not more.

On Bridge Street the other day, whilst sat at the traffic lights, I had to endure DC's airbrushed mug gazing down on me. Sending a very clear message that his campaign is just as much about him as it is about policy.

The reaction on this site is valid (albeit playful and a bit silly) about the public's reactions to this idea. It is actually far more democratic (the internet being an excellent place for free personal expression) than the just the opinions of a columnist in a politically weighted newspaper, or even the advertising house that came up with this campaign (the original poster actually being more absurd than these comical distortions)

Election Politics has been reduced to this and to deny it is only to devalue the point of David Cameron's face being in Bridge Street in the first place. The Saachi ads, the demon eyes and now this (both parties playing the game), all expose the rather shallow approach to gaining public support.

end link