Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sid - If anyone does not understand economics it is you. My profession requires an understanding and I am actively involved in advising clients on how to best their investments can cope with the current economy, they pay me to do so. So please do not try to tell me about something that you clearlyhave no more than a superfiscal understand of.

I will spell this out once again using small words that perhaps you might understand.

Gordon Brown has had responsibility for the UK economy for 11/12 years now.

He is responsible fully for ability of the UK economy (not the American) to respond to the world economic conditions.

The IMF (plus EU and OECD) have all said that the UK economy is the worse placed of all developed economies to weather the recession and will be hit worse than the others. Gordon Brown is responsible for the relative state of the UK economy, no-one else. He claims the opposite to every major independent economic institution.

I have tried to use small words for you and I know you might find it difficult to understand but perhaps your boss, Gordon, might even be shortly to admit it himself through gritted teeth no doubt. I could list the many mistakes he has made to lead us to this situation but it might confuse you.

On the Daily Politics show Geoffrey Robinson (mate of Gordon Brown, possibly the closest to him of anyone) admitted that 'not every Labour policy had been perfect on bank regulation etc'. Wow....at least its a start!

He then came under some pressure and was asked when would Gordon Brown admit that the actions of the Labour government at least contributed to the economic mess the country finds itself in.

Robinson then said this: "You're not going to get the Prime Minister to concede anything in the yah boo politics of Prime Minister's Question Time. There will be a considered statement of the situation in due course."

Well then. No doubt any admission will be spun to try to minimise his culpability but it seems Brown may end up facing some of the reality of what damage he has done to this country.

end link