Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hello Everybody,

I have been reading the section on the tram shelter at the junction of Elms Vale Road and Folkestone Road.
    I lived in Folkestone Road just opposite the shelter through the 1960's. Broken windows were quite common. I was pleased to see the trough had been moved to the Market Square and planted with flowers
    when I visited Dover sometime ago. Perhaps the shelter will one day be the subject of a restoration project. It would certainly be a good addition to the transport museum.

It's location isn't really by the bus stops. I don't think it was ever used much while I was in the area. When the horse trough was present it was probably used more when the horses stopped for a drink. The improvements to the junction were long overdue as it was an accident blackspot. There have been a lot of changes in Dover over the years. I hope Dover does not loose too much of it's character. These monuments
    to the past should be preserved. I hope it is still around in a hundred years time.
    Bob

end link