Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Once again Mr Matcham makes Dover a laughing stock. Bad enough in our local papers but now it's reached the national press.
    Mandie has asked several times what happened to the £1000 this con man "donated" to the town - his reply? "I'm not telling you, it's a secret" - how pathetic is that? I've been condemned in the past by some members of this forum for critisizing this man. How many times does he have to bring Dover down before everyone realises what an attention seeking individual he is? How many times are we going to get this "I know a secret but I'm not telling you .....yet" fiasco?
    Some of you think he's just a lovable eccentric - I think he's a loose cannon and certainly not good for our town. He laughs off any comments made about him, he wastes money standing for elections he knows darn well he can't win (I pity his poor wife), and personally I am sick of hearing his name.
    He says above that this conman wasn't a conman!!! For crying out loud - can he not see what everyone can see? The man conned him - end of story. We'll probably never know what really happened but David has provided us with the facts - and I trust him because he has never lied to us. Roger has told us where the money came from anyway.
    Mandie you are right to ask questions, we all want to know the answers but we won't get honest answers from this ex councillor, he doesn't know truth from lies.
    I feel angry that at a time when our town is at last coming out of its problems with good things ahead, we have to be plagued with this bad publicity brought about by someone who professes to love Dover? As the old saying goes, with friends like him, who needs enemies!
    Mr Matcham - sell your life story to Jackanory - retire and spend time with your wife and dog - away from Dover preferably.

end link