Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Not everything can be specified in a contract, especially if those contracted are mobile and not permanently on-site. A simple example from my short time working as ground staff at Crabble Atheletic Ground many, many years ago: We used to mow the rugby grounds/cricket outfield twice a week during the grass growing season - on Monday and Thursday I think - but if there had been no rain for a while then mowing would have been counter-productive. The head groundsman, Johnny Danbrook and later Frank Philpott, would make the decision after an inspection. The same went for the football ground. These guys took a real pride in what they were doing and were professional greenkeepers and groundsmen. It may have seemed as though they only needed to know how to push a mower or wield a scythe but having worked with these guys I know it was a lot different in reality.

end link