Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue - we had problems with busses closing off the entrance and an unwillingness by many drivers to be helpful in pulling forward, just a little to load/offload. With some it seemed as if they delighted in it, at one point I got very angry at their attitude and I spoke to the police (via PCSOs). We had military vehicles and performers driving past unable to see the entrance, going around the one-way system sometimes three or four times and having to be 'talked in' to find the entrance. I ended up a couple of times telling people to block the road and not worry as it was Stagecoaches fault. The managers there just seemed to pay lip service and clearly from their attitude did not care. It was if they owned the road and users of the Park are no more than a nuicance.

On the case of the fair and our event. I think you are right about the fair being there for too long at once. I take photos of the grass before and after our event and I am quite happy that being just two days (three including setting up) our vehicles dont cause any problems that are not rectified, naturally, within days. In fact most vehicles tend to be moved around and are not necessarily on exactly the same spot for both days.

We have only once had a tracked vehcile a few years ago and we managed quite well to reduce/minimise any impact with the use of canvas and boards. The others dont tend to be a problem.

end link