Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have just cut short my dog's walk to get back to post this.

I went via Pencester to check that the fencing and loos have not been disturbed by local yobs and are ready for collection by the hire companies later today.

These are OK so it seems that the local yobs have been much better behaved that those charged with keeping our Park clean.

In previous years we at Hellfire Corner have prided ourselves in leaving a park cleaner than we found it. All the rubbish piled up around the bins to be collected and we tend to hang around until the last exhibitor has left so we see SITA come and empty the bins and collect the rubbish.

This year they did not turn up before we left about 7pm and the seagulls were already staring to create a mess because no-one had arrived to collect the rubbish.

This morning the park looks like a battle has taken place, it probably has, between seagulls fighting over the rubbish. It is utterly disgusting, I have never seen anything so bad in my life.

I dont think a single rubbish bag is left untouched and contents scatter around the Park.

What on earth are SITSA doing? They should have been there yesterday and now they have a much bigger and harder job to do as a result.

I am appalled at this. People will think that we left the Park in that condition!

I am a former Chairman of what was then the Technical Services Committee, Parks and cleaning were part of my remit. I know about the problems of keeping these places clean and the costs of doing so. What we have now iis totally unacceptable, SITA should face a heavy fine and for me this would be enough to get theirr contract out to re-tendering.

The public in Dover deserve better. Sack SITA.

Nigel, or whoever is now in charge of these operation do not accept any excuses.

end link