Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

What you call "whinging" Paul is my democratic right to free speech, and people tell me "well done" for speaking out.

I do contribute actually, via a local body, for example writing positive press releases about the town and in various other ways. Watch "Dover: A Town on the Edge" and still say I am whinging. Ask Southeasten about my correspondence over the railway line. How come friends in places like Deal call me a "Dover booster "?

I have to say I have not always found a great willingness to welcome on board anyone who does want to contribute.

I don't think my vision of preventing the running down of the town centre while promoting urban bloat at Whitfield is a fantasy. Neither is fair treatment over Council Tax. The destruction of the farm I grew up on is beyond heartbreaking.

My experience of various bodies locally is of groups fighting each other for power and of indiiduals/ cabals fighting for primacy within these bodies. Not everyone involved, for sure. Maybe not yourself personally. But plenty do. Putting self-aggrandisement and party politics ahead of the good of Dover. It is one of the things holding Dover back and I have seen it at first hand.

My honest opinion is that people in power say "why don't you get elected" if they feel criticised, but in reality do all they can to resist anyone climbing aboard their ship.

Andrew Stucken-Broadley

end link