Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Bern I still believe it to be a religious dress code. Let me explain more...

While Im certainly not an Oxford Scholar on the subject I have taken a small minor interest. What people must realise is that there is no bog standard conveyor belt muslim. The religion spreads right across many countries, many tribal regions and so on. There are huge variations on the theme, many different interpretations. The chap practising the religion in downtown Cairo is not, chances are, following the same path as the guy practising it in outer Mongolia. Even here in the UK there are many different interpretations and paths. Only recently this was very evident on that BBCTV at 10am sunday morning programme, when many different types of Muslims gathered and almost none agreed with each other...and they were all from the UK !! In other words there are many different interpretations of the QURAN but all under the umbrella of muslim.

So if some ancient sect of the muslim faith( although Im not sure if sect is the right word) interpret The Quran in such a way as to make the Burkha a standard dress code for centuries, then so be it. By that interpretation and ancient tradition it becomes part of someones religious beliefs.

Thats my own interpretation of things anyway.

So I think we would agree that we wouldnt want to see anyone forced into wearing it, but likewise I personally wouldnt want to see anyone forced into NOT wearing it if in fact it is religious.

end link