Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Two little items..

You might remember the humble nun Bern, they used to flourish when you and I were wee young things. They were covered from head to toe but Im sure they did it because they wanted to. It was a religious thing and they went into it with their eyes wide open. I was thought by them as a young kid and still have the raw hands to remember the experience. But it was an odd practice and would have appeared that way to many, in its own sweet way it became Hollywoodised and acceptable as cute. We wouldnt want some nasty foreigner telling them that they couldnt wear their habit..it was a choice thing.

Last year I saw a strange sight down here on the beach. It was a large crowd perhaps 40 or so of Women in Burkhas bathing. Ive referred to this item before on here as it was so unusual. They went down to the far beach near the docks to be by themselves and they made for an unusual sight. All black and all bathing in the sea. Okay it was an unusual sight for western eyes... but who's to say they are not as happy and as content as the next woman. If thats what they want to do then Im all for it and they were doing no harm to anyone. They on the other hand see the scantily clad westerners and are horrified...as indeed we ourselves would have been if it was still 1900.

Its a question of accepting other peoples beliefs and values and not forcing something on them because we think we are saving them from themselves..a classic western mistake.

end link