Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well..hmmm..I think though looking at this in the guise of the oppressed woman thing is not altogether looking at the full picture. Its too simplistic. Its us applying western values on what we would do here in Bermondsey or Bognor where we would be shouting about rights and what have you. But its coming at it from the wrong angle.

You might remember the story of the teacher here a year or so ago who fought tooth and nail to keep it on. It didnt look to me like a woman oppressed but rather the opposite, she is just as much a beleiver as any man or any suicide bomber if we want to go that far, and actually wants..wants to wear it as part of her very strong religious beliefs.

In some circumstances, as in teaching, I think the law was right to rule against it but as a general thing oppressing religious practice, and lets not forget its a religion with strong and all encompassing beliefs, then its a sticky wicket of a route to go down.

end link