Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Roger excellent post and very interesting as always.. good posts all round above too, very interesting to read what people think on this.

Roger one slight thing though I would differ with, I agree with the Cruise Operators in that they dont want their rather well-to-do customers harassed to go hither and tither when leaving the ship. If I was a passenger on a cruise I would prefer 'passive'..the last thing needed from their perspective is to have people hawking as you disembark.

Besides it is already too late in the game at that stage.

At that stage 50 coaches are already lined up prebooked ready to whisk all arrivals off...so presumably the cruise passengers have been sold the Canterbury tours and whathaveyou earlier in the game. The Richard Mahoney angle sounds good but would have to be introduced to the cruise passengers earlier via some kind of representative. Its too late as they come down the gangplank as they are already committed.

end link