Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

One of the few retail sectors that are virtually recession proof are the supermarkets. We all have to eat. They normally see a huge increase in their cheaper ranges in hard times, which seems to be the only way they are affected, although they simply shift the marketing a tad to accomodate that and they still rake it in. They cant lose. If people dont go out to restaurants, which appears to be the case, they stay indoors, but still eat and where do they buy it?

But just to add a further bit re Tesco's gloomy canteen. This is one of those places that give you all your condiments wrapped in plastic. ColetteB is normally good at opening plastic stuff, what with her nimble fingers. But even she couldnt get the blasted things open the other day. I had tartare and mayonaise with my fish ..and she had mustard and ketchup with her sausage and bacon. But could we get them open...No! In the end out of growing frustration and pounding palpitation, I stabbed the tartare with my fork. Result: tartare goes everywhere including into my left eye. So with one eye blinded with tartare and one eye still usable. I proceeded to stab the others while protecting my one good eye.

We got all the packets open that way but by now the table was a mess...mangled sauce covered plasticky bits everywhere and me down to one good eye. The salt and pepper has to be torn too, so before you start dining at all, the table by now has more littered paper on it than the town dump. So in the midst of all this rubbish you carry on trying to enjoy your lunch.

Eventually you finish, but its very much an eat and run experience, in very depressed circumstances. So before the bog-eyed suicidal female sitting at the table next to you, frog leaps over the balcony into the cornflakes below, you make a slithering slow withdrawal...not forgetting to take your messy tray with you and deposit it in the slot provided.

end link