Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Like Chris above, I went for an interview with best suit and tie on for a job that was only going to last for three months. It was in September and I thought that I would give it a go as it would take me up to Christmas. There was a panel of three and you would have thought that they were going to pay me £50,000 grand a year instead of £4.00 per hour. This was in 1994 when I was 60 years of age, I was an ex. seaman and Channel Tunnel worker and the job was in warehousing, something I had never done before.

I thought that I had no chance owing to my age but I got the job and instead of lasting three months I was there for over three years and it nearly took me up to retirement age. I took a drop in wages but I was working office hours 9 till 5 and after having worked watches and shift work, days and nights and weekends for 44 years it was a piece of p..s . I even got to learn to use a computer

end link