Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good blog there Bob, glad it wasn't in newspeak.

It's a hard one this and I watched the program the other night but have to say I found the whole thing contrived. I could see the outcome 5 minutes in. This very real problem is created just as much by the 'overclass' as it is by the 'underclass' (as Winston calls it). The whole notion of 'our jobs' doesn't really exist and if people are prepared to fill those positions sobeit. I find it amusing that we can vilify people for not contributing to our system, yet commend those that exploit all of these people (indigenous and migrant) and proportionally contribute less.

It was interesting that the program focused around the produce/packing of british variety food and not around, for instance, the manufacturing of clothes. Something that people interested in making money have 'out-sourced' to 'foreigners' for years. Ironically the staple source of our ephemral clothing (produced by people on less money than those on benefits in this country) and now worn by this 'underclass' is the very concept that perpetuates their abilty to live so efficiently.

You could make an argument that in the pursuit of making things cheaper to increase profit, the very people that moan about this situation are the very same that have created it. By no means am I saying that the people in this TV program were not lazy, because most were!

'Winston' writes a blog about benefit fraud, something that costs the UK taxpayer around £900 million each year, a shocking amount of money. Now although this upsets me greatly, I have more of an issue with the £18.5 billion of offshore tax evasion, avoidance and tax scams carried out by those who clearly don't have to buy their clothes in Tesco.

end link