Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This programme should be compulsive viewing for all as there is so much misinformed opinion spoken on the subject of immigration everyday. Well done Bob with the link there. But yes Andy..your blood pressure will be skyrocketing should you watch.

It is quite clear that migrant workers are vital to the economy here. As Ive often said myself, and I see that young Paul Watkins chap agrees with me, places like the grand London metropolis would grind to a staggering halt without migrant labour.

But I will give a synopsis of the programme ,although Bob has done similar but just to expand it a tad, for those who havent the time to watch although all should....

FOUR english workers get a job in an Indian Restaurant. They turn up for training. On the day of the job..THREE of the FOUR fail to show, the fourth guy quits half way through lunch. leaving the Indian owner, a very pleasant man, completetely stuck. Situation saved by immigrants.

THREE english workers get job at potato factory. ONE fails to show but sends a text. This guy texting is 20 and has never worked, but has been getting dole for 5 years since leaving school. No pressure to work. He prefers his Playstation. The other TWO guys show up but give the impression all through the programme they are doing the company a favour. They spend all the time whinging about the company and about foreigners.

and then THREE english workers get a job cutting a farmers asparagus. It pays piecework. But after several days they cant cut enough asparagus to qualify for the minimum wage. The farmer has to make up the cash difference for legal reasons, but is obviously just giving money away for nothing, as the trio did such poor work and are useless. One gets aggressive. The famer said, and another very pleasant man he is too, that he couldnt make it pay with english workers like these. The immigrants work like dynamos.

There were some more items in the programme. But all businesses in the programme said they would close down without migrant workers. The potato factory said it would try NOT to close down but would increase automation, in other words would do it with machines instead of english workers.

end link