Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

My Grandparents Nina and John Gray lived above the Crypt at the time of the fire and thankfully both were rescued. I remember the footage on the news showing my grandfather leaning out of the window as the smoke poured out, it was so disturbing. I wonder if anyone remembers them? My Grandmother was very distinctive, she had a jet black beehive hair do, and was always immaculately turned out. I remember visiting as a little girl and being taken into the tiny bar where my my Grandmother would show me off and the drinkers would give me pennies to spend in the "Walk around" shop across the road that I recall selling buckets and spades, swimming costumes and sweets. I moved away in the late 1980's and am shocked to see that since the fire in 1977 the area has not been looked after. I find it disrespectful to the poor souls who died that night that this has never been resolved and that it looks horrendous. I can't imagine how horrific it is for the survivors and families of the deceased to see such a litter strewn eyesore.

end link