Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ron wrote:
     "Alec Sheldon" wrote:
    Hi Ron, we were only talking about you a couple of days ago. I am a mate of Bill Stone who was the Landlord of the Dover Tavern in your days at the Crypt. Bill lives in Folkestone now but comes over to Dover once a week for a drink with me. I used to drink in the Crypt and had many a meal there, I met you a couple of times. I think you are from Manchester, as I am ,if my memory is correct.

Regards.... Alec Sheldon

Hi Alec,

What a small world. Your name certainly rings a bell & the Manchester connection, but cant picture your face, my apologies.

Bill Stone, what a character & nice bloke. We had many a pint discussing how we could put the World to rights, and I helped him canvass when he was standing for independent at the local elections. There was also Jack who had a pub not far from the Tavern, who used to pop in with Bill for a drink

I had a great 4+ years at the Crypt, and met some lovely people & a few not so nice, but that's all part of running a licensed establishment.

Will get back to you soon, as I have to reply to a couple of more people who have kindly got in touch, and say Hi to Bill when you see him. Is he still married to Sheila?

Bye for now.

Ron.

Hi Ron, I have passed your message on to Bill as he doesn't log in to the Dover Forum. I see that you have got lots of info. on the Crypt from various people.

end link