Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi everybody,

My name is Ron Turner, and I discovered this forum while I was showing my grand-kids photos and history of the Crypt, as I used to be the manager for four years, and left just before it got burnt down.

I was wondering if there is anybody on here that used to work there, as I noticed a post from Vic Matcham, who said that some of his family were working on the night of the fire.

When I left, my assistant manager John Bamford took over, but don't think for long, as a couple from London with children were in charge when the fire broke out, and I have learnt that the wife and kids sadly died.

My wife and I were never happy with the safety of the accommodation above, as we had two children so we decided to live out in Whitfield, which didn't go down well with the owners.

I have been in contact with the Dover Express, for any articles on the fire, but they said they don't have any!

I would appreciate, if anybody that worked there during my time as manager, would like to get in touch, as there were a lot of staff, and it would be nice to see how you are getting on.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Ron Turner.

end link