Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi - this week is especially poignant for me as 40 years ago on 27th March 1977, my mother and my niece were killed in the fire at the Crypt. My niece who was five died on the 27th March and my mother died, three days later, on 30th March, my 16th birthday, in Buckland hospital. My mother and my niece were visiting my mothers best friend, Marian Clay who was running the Crypt with her husband, Alec Clay. Marian also died with her children, Shane and Sherry. A family friend, Anita Lee also died.

I would like to get in touch with anyone who was there that night and who can tell me more about what happened. I would especially like to get in touch with Lionel (Sonna) Clay and Tina Clay.

Tomorrow is the 40th anniversary of my mother's death. It was hard to live without her.

If anyone has any information, I would be grateful to hear it. I can't believe the site is still so run down and neglected.

end link