Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Jewel is a lovely ship, good cabins, lovely restaurants and the theatre is the best I've ever seen - superb dancers, entertainers etc. too.

The only thing that lets it down is that it's "freestyle", which gives people licence to dress down for dinner - last year there were people who looked like they'd been working in the garden and although you may not want to dress up in a dinner suite every evening, you don't want to sit with scruffs - do you ?

I'm not a snob by any means, but I was surprised by the very low level of dress amongst some of the passengers.

I think there's about 152 ships coming into Dover this year, so very well done the Harbour Board, but there must be a change in attitude from the Cruise Welcome Group who are "told" not to be pro-active in welcoming people to Dover: being passive/reactive simply does not work.

We need to be able to advise those who are not going on a day excursion, of what we have in Dover, in a warm, friendly and pro-active way, not hide behind a desk as they currently do.

Roger

end link