Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

But would it really make people shop in Town ?

Most people who don't shop here, don't shop because they say they can't buy what they want here; I don't actually belive that is the case in all instances, just a perception that they can't.

Dover Town needs smartening up; from the dilapidated, run-down buildings and closed-down skip-shops (like Party Planners), to smart, bright buildings, where you could walk past a shop and not know it is closed - because it has had good quality art-work done on it.

New shops, realistic rents, subsidised rates for 5 years (50% to start with then increase by 10% per year until they reach the full value).

This would need to be a co-ordinated effort between DDC, DTC, and the DBS (Dover Business Support body); is it likely ? no idea.

I understand there is to be a presentation of a new Dover Loyalty Scheme given to DDC next week.

Where was the support for mine ?

Words fail me sometimes.

Roger

end link