Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I hope I am not the only one who reads books on this forum.

So what are people reading now? Any good? Any recommendations?

In my case I am reading 61 Hours by Lee Child.

Lee Child is a British author who writes about an American character in contemporary USA.

His hero, Jack Reacher, is an ex Military Policeman who was the CO of an elite investigative unit. He, having left the Army as a result of spending cuts, wanders the USA with only the clothes he wears and a toothbrush getting into all sorts of scrapes, with a lot of 'scrapes' finding him...a man also for the ladies...

I usually spend an hour or so reading when I get to bed turning off the light when my eyes droop. That is not what happens when I get a Lee Child in my hands. Then I suddenly look up and find it is the early hours and I need to get some sleep and reluctantly put the book down.... They really are page turners...

Last night was no exception to that rule. I realised it was gone 1am and, horror or horrors, I was already 45% of the way through the book -soon to finish...... Ah, but then I realised today is the 30th Sept, the day Childs next novel is published and I have it pre-ordered from Amazon, so before 'lights out' I switched on the Kindle's wireless and seconds later his next book was safely downloaded ready to read as soon as 61 Hours is finished.... Happy days, and more late nights to follow.....

Well if your taste runs to thrillers with a tough, no-nonsense hero you can believe in, then Less Child's Jack Reacher books are for you

end link