Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The big question is this: Seeing as we have just had some of the worst snowfall for many years (since the 1960s or 1970s according to some reports) followed by a very cold spell, where does this leave the matter of "global warming"? If we are so close to the edge of destruction with global warming - note that word "warming" in there - how come it's getting so cold?

I would like to propose an alternative theory. The earth is headed for a new ice age, and the activity of human industry and fossil fuel consumption, which is causing global warming, is actually preventing the ice age from happening. Rather than cutting down on flights, petrol consumption, and reducing our carbon footprint, we should actually increase all of this activity in a big way so that we don't all freeze to death in a global icy coffin. I'm just off to burn a load of old tyres while I run my petrol generator in the background to play the radio, and I won't feel guilty about it. Instead, I'll be happy knowing that we may actually get an inch or so less snow next year!

end link