Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As many of you know I have a love hate relationship with technology.

I just got a new Blackberry Curve which sounds like a great idea with its full QWERTY keyboard and a multitude of functions. After a day and a half all I can really do is make a phone call....

I cant access the web, I cant use the email, GPS/Maps, no chance of getting the SatNav working.

Syncronise with the computer, errrr, what? Software loaded but what on earth should it do now, it does nothing, cant get it to do anything.....

Right now I am waiting for my service provider to ring me back with a solution to the problem (at least the web bit), after 4 failed attempts by them to solve it.

The leaflet talks about 'simplicity' but I have never encountered anything so complicated that is so lacking in simple and clear instructions. If Blackberry are the market leader I dread to think how bad the rest might be.

So much of new technology simply does not live up to its billing. I have had phones before that claimed to be able to 'surf' or do email that I could not get to work. At the time is wasnt important to me but now it is.

Companies should not be allowed to release technology that isnt fully working and without clear and concise set-up and operating instructions, covering all functions, that explain the technical terms.

end link