Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thank you.

Sadly we had a simple solution 5 years ago and have I been e-mailing everyone for the last 5 years.

The simple solution is to move the start of TAP up the hill to the lay-by where they could erect booths etc.

There were several community meetings with MP, officials etc but they choose to ignore this.

In fact one meeting about TAP was hijacked by residents of Capel. They were complaining about lorries coming through their village whilst there was road works on the A20. We also had someone from St Margaret’s there saying something about traffic in their village. A few of us walked out because our voices could not be heard. The meeting was about TAP..

Sadly I have no faith in Highways England

I have no reply from Number 10, Minister of Transport, under secretary for transport responsible for Highways England and Highways England.

We have also just had two government petitions reject before they even got of the ground.

As for my local councillor I put a petition in over three years ago to provide extra parking at Aycliffe.
    It was agreed at a meeting it could be done. John Heron our old councillor fought just to get the walk around. Since then our new councillor had only contacted me just after the walk around to find approximate sites for parking.

They also said they would contact me for

1. Community Garden
    2. Community centre
    3. Drop Kerbs
    4. Play Parks

Alas no one has contacted me since Nov 2019.. even with the our local MP asking them to contact me.

As you can see we get very frustrated with lack of action at Aycliffe

end link